Call Open for ABOAGORA Pre-symposium 2021, Apply by May 17!
The call is now open for the fourth annual ABOAGORA Pre-symposium!
- A two-day research retreat directed by curator and researcher Taru Elfving (CAA Contemporary Art Archipelago).
- A great opportunity to share ideas with artists and researchers from different fields and backgrounds, perhaps even a prospect for new collaborations!
- The Pre-symposium will be structured around talks, walks and workshops addressing the impacts of global warming on the Archipelago Sea Biosphere area, its marine ecosystem and cultural contexts. The programme includes presentations and workshops that offer scientific and artistic insights into the area.
- The aim is to reflect together also on what fuels our journeys, research, and conversations. How to draw together diverse knowledges, skills and wisdoms needed to feed the flame of sustainable transformations? What kinds of narratives for alternative futures might arise out of the ashes of past fires? What might be the fires needed as sign posts and beacons for a safe route?
- Participants will also discuss their work in a joint panel session on August 19 at the ABOAGORA Symposium at the Sibelius Museum in Turku. The Symposium brings together viewpoints from social sciences, cultural studies, natural sciences, and the arts to explore fire as both a literal and a metaphorical element.
- Doctoral Candidates from all fields in the arts, humanities, and sciences, and MA Art Students.
- At the Archipelago Centre Korpoström on Korpo island in the beautiful Turku archipelago.
- 16–17 August, 2021.
How can I apply?
- Read the full Call for Papers at https://aboagora.fi/pre-symposium/
- Submit your short CV (max 1 page) and a motivation letter (max 1 page) to email@example.com by Monday, May 17.
- Notification of acceptance will be given by the end of May.
Please note: Health and safety are at the heart of everything we do! The Pre-symposium is a small event with fewer than 10 participants and organised in a peaceful environment. We are monitoring the COVID-19 situation closely and follow the guidelines laid by official authorities and health experts.Posted on: April 15, 2021, by : admin