Falling Walls Lab
APPLY NOW for the 2017 Falling Walls Lab Turku!
NB: Due to reasons beyond our control, the contest has been postponed from May to September. We apologise for any inconvenience.
We are excited to announce the fourth Falling Walls Lab Turku, taking place on 15 September 2017 at the University of Turku. The call for applications is open until 15 August 2017 at http://falling-walls.com/lab/apply. The applications will be reviewed continuously, and all applicants will receive a reply within 2-3 weeks. Successful applicants will receive the instructions for their presentations with the letter of approval. Apply now to make sure you have plenty of time to prepare!
Share your breakthrough, win a scholarship and travel to the finale in Berlin!
The Falling Walls Lab is a platform for excellent students, academics, entrepreneurs, and professionals from all disciplines – humanities, arts, social sciences, economics, medicine, etc. – to present their research work, business model, or innovative project or idea to their peers and a distinguished jury from academia and business. Each participant has exactly 3 minutes on stage.
Falling Walls Labs take place globally throughout the year. The winners of each international Falling Walls Lab qualify for the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin, which is held every year on 8 November and is closely connected to the annual and internationally renowned Falling Walls Conference, taking place on 9 November. At the Conference 20 top-class scientists from around the world present their current breakthrough research answering the question “Which are the next walls to fall?”
The three winners of the Lab Finale will get the opportunity to give their talk on the grand stage of the Falling Walls Conference in front of 600 guests – among them institution leaders and decision makers and a worldwide audience via livestream. All three winners will also receive a cash prize. The 1st place winner receives 1000€, the 2nd place winner receives 750€, and the 3rd place winner receives 500€.
The Falling Walls Lab is a non-profit series of scientific conferences, which aims at building and fostering interdisciplinary connections between young researchers; apart from their own travel costs, participants do not pay any charges. The Falling Walls Lab is a cooperation project between the Falling Walls Foundation and the global management-consulting firm A.T. Kearney.
- Present your research project, business plan, entrepreneurial or social initiative that is relevant to the world of today – in 3 minutes!
- Convince a top-class jury with members from academia, research institutions and business.
- Exchange insights on an interdisciplinary level with fellow researchers and professionals.
- Get involved in exciting discussions and network with excellent scientists and professionals.
Who can Apply
- We are looking for outstanding young talents and innovative thinkers from all disciplines around Finland, Nordic, and Baltic countries.
- Bachelor and Master students, PhD candidates, post-docs, young professionals, scientists, and entrepreneurs are invited to apply.
Application & Deadline
Apply online at http://falling-walls.com/lab/apply by 15 August 2017.
The applications will be reviewed continuously, and all applicants will receive a reply within 2-3 weeks. Successful applicants will receive the instructions for their presentations with the letter of approval.
The Falling Walls Lab Turku 2017
Time: 15 September, 2017, starting at 11:00 (ending at approximately 17:00)
Place: University of Turku, Sirkkala Campus, Artium Building, Kaivokatu 12, Janus Hall (ground floor)
A distinguished jury selects the winner who
- travels to Berlin on 8/9 November 2017. Travel costs and accommodation are covered.
- qualifies directly for the Lab Finale in Berlin on 8 November 2017 as one of 100 international and interdisciplinary participants.
- is awarded a ticket for the international Falling Walls Conference on 9 November 2017 where some of the world’s most prominent scientists from around the world present their current breakthrough research in 15 minutes each.
“An experience that will surely expand every participator’s understanding of multidimensional disciplines of modern science.” – Veli-Matti Karhulahti, Falling Walls Lab Turku Finalist 2014
“The competition gave me a unique opportunity to extend my international contact network.” – Erika Halonen, Falling Walls Lab Turku Finalist 2015
Stay Tuned on Social Media
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1865472163665604/
- Twitter: @Aboagora2012 #FallingWalls17 #FallingWallsTurku
- Instagram: aboagora
Send us an email at aboagora[at]utu.fi